In 1997 Juan Camacho was signed as a non-drafted free agent at the age of 16 by the New York Yankees. Camacho played five years in the Yankee organization and one year in the Chicago White Sox organization. In 2001, Juan lead the Staten Island Yankees in Home Runs and RBIs. The team had a handful of future big leaguers including Robinson Cano. Camacho played in the Venezuelan Winter Professional league for 13 years with 3 different teams. Juan has rubbed shoulders with several major leaguers while playing in his native Venezuela. During a winter league home run derby, Juan matched his skills against Miguel Cabrera, Carlos Gonzalez and Edgardo Alfonzo. He was also coached by Ozzie Gullen and played with Carlos Zambrano.
Juan Camacho also has 7 years of experience playing independent pro ball. He was 2005 Central League MVP and was named player of the year. Camacho has played nearly 1,000 minor league and independent league games since signing with the Yankees. In his professional career, Camacho boasts a stellar 1,059 hits, 120 homers, 682 RBI’s and a.282 batting average. Juan currently serves as a hitting and infield instructor for many student athletes across the tri-state area. Juan is married to his wife Marissa and resides in Staten Island, NY.
Coach Ortiz is the current JV head coach at St. Joseph by the Sea and has been there since 2006. His Vikings teams have the SI championship 5x, the city title in 2010, and we're runner ups '08 and 11'. His winning ways are evident at every level as he not only coaches high school but the GKLL allstars. His 11 yr. old squad won the island, city and state in 2011 and repeating the sweep in 16' with his 10's. Coach Ortiz specializes in fielding, and the fundamentals of glove work as well as all aspects of the game between the lines. He is available for private, group or team lessons.
- 4 Year member of St. Joseph by the Sea High School’s baseball team from 2006-2010
- Graduated from St. Joseph by the Sea High School in 2010.
- Captain of the 2010 CHSAA St. Joseph by the Sea City Championship Team
- 2010 Staten Island Advance All-Star
- 2010 All City First Team
- 2010 All-New York State Second Team
- Scholarship Athlete for Division 2 CUNY Queens College from 2010-2012
- Transferred to the College of Staten Island for the 2013-14 seasons
- A part of the 2013 Conference Champion CSI Dolphins
- 2013 All Conference First Team
- 2013 CBCA Rawlings All-Region First Team
- 2013 Finished ranked 57th in the nation with a .406 Batting Average
- 2013 Finished 33rd in the nation with a .500 On Base Percentage
- Graduated from the College of Staten Island in 2015 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Marketing
- 2012-16 Head Coach and hitting/infield instructor for Staten Island Orioles Organization
2014-16 Assistant Varsity Coach for Tottenville High School
Chris played his HS ball at Tottenville HS Staten Island NY winning The City Championship in 2001 as well as being awarded The 2001 NYC HS Baseball player of the year. He played his travel baseball for nationally recognized Bergen Beach Organization.
After graduating from Tottenville in 2001 he went on to play his college baseball at Brookdale CC in Red Bank NJ from 2001-2003. After his career at BCC he went on to play at The College of Staten Island of The CUNY Conference.. There, he was awarded All Conference and all Region Honors while leading his team to CUNY Championships.
After his playing career came to an end he accepted a coaching position on the staff at D1 Long Island University Brooklyn of The Northeast Conference. At LIU (2005-2010) every one of his trained catchers we're awarded All Conference honors 4 years in a row with 3 of them going on to play professionally and 1 being recognized on The Johnny Bench Catcher Award finalist list for the top D1 collegiate catchers in the nation. Since 2005 Chris has sent over 200 HS Ball players to play college ball and nearly 30 players into the professional ranks.
While at LIU he received his Sports Performance certification through The National Academy of Sports Medicine. Following that he went on to create The Nationally recognized catchers specific program Catchermtrx a Program under The Athelite Player Development Brand of events and training philosophy. With all the National attention STACK magazine welcomed him as a Nationally know Expert Article Contributor in their magazine and website. The Catchermtrx program has grown since that time to 5 training sites and 5 certified Catchermtrx instructors throughout the Northeast Region.
Currently Chris' main focus, under his company Athelite Player Development is to train elite catchers to play at the college or pro level. In conjunction with APD he is The Co Founder with his childhood best friend Chris Guzzo of Making Memorease of the non for profit I AM in the Community where they host yearly Food Drives and Sports Equipment Drives to help less fortunate families all around New York City and other Foreign countries.
In November of 2016 Chris was made The Baseball Director and Coordinator of Baseball Operations in New York City for USA Baseball. USA Baseball is recognized as the governing body for all amateur and pro baseball in The United States.
Most recently Chris was also made an Advisory Board Member at The NY Sports Science Lab which is a training, rehab and recovery facility geared towards the more serious athlete.
Chris Rusciano played seven years of Professional baseball with The Atlanta Braves and Philadelphia Phillies. Chris was drafter out of Brooklyn College in 1992. He was awarded Top Closer for the ECC conference in 1992. Chris won Player of the Month two times for The Atlanta Braves Organization in 1992 and 1994. In 1996 he was in the Top 7 for the Texas/Louisiana leagues overall pitching statistics. Chris went to Tottenville High School right here on Staten Island. He is a graduate of 1989.
He has worked with kids of all ages for the last 25 years on the fundamentals as well as the mental aspect of what it takes to reach the next level. He’s currently a PE teacher at New Dorp High School.
Christine is a Certified TRX Instructor and Certified Kettlebell Instructor who has worked for the past 5 years as a Nutrition Consultant. She has coached all age groups and fitness levels to weight loss, maintenance and increased athletic performance. She is a frequent obstacle course racer and is now working at Clutch Hitting SI as our Nutrition Consultant. Feel free to reach out to her for advice on sound nutritional advice and products for you and your children.
As a courtesy to all our players and their families Christine will provide any fitness or nutrition program information that anyone may have. Have her set up a plan that's designed specifically for you!
John Vito Marinelli
My passion for fitness and sports are what drove me to start my own fitness training business. I acquired my National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) certification in 2018. My goal is to inspire youth athletes. I want to give them an understanding about how important physical fitness is and how much of an advantage they will have by not only being bigger & stronger but also faster and more agile.
It is vital to develop healthy habits for young athletes and most importantly to prevent injuries. A training program will be flexible and specific to the needs of the athlete. Communication is vital and all drills will be presented in the beginning of the session, with demonstrations and benefits the exercise will give the athlete.
Tom Gregorio grew up in Staten Island, NY. He attended Tottenville High School, where he became all city and state in both football and baseball. He went on to attend Troy State University where he was an all conference catcher for 3 years. He was drafted by the LA Angels of Anaheim in 1999 in the 27th round. He played in the minor leagues for the LA Angels, Oakland Aʼs, Seattle Mariners, and the Texas Rangers. He was called up to the big leagues in September of 2003 with the LA Angels. He started his coaching career in 2007 when he became the Catching Coordinator for the LA Angels organization. In 2010, Tom joined the bullpen staff, as the bullpen catcher/asst. bullpen coach through 2018. He resides in Marlboro, NJ.
- 2011-2012 Tottenville Highschool Advance All-Star
- Attended Gloucester County College in 2013-2014 where he went
undeafeated as a starting pitcher (16-0)
- Helped pitch Gloucester to win the JUCO College World Series in 2013
- 29th Round Draft pick to the Cincinnati Reds in 2014
- Played just shy of 4 years in the minor leagues making it up to the
- Currently coaches and works with players of all ages to share his knowledge and experience about the game- Specializing in the physical and mental aspects of Pitching, Strength training and Arm Care.
- 4 year member of the Monsignor Farrell Baseball Team (1993 - 1997)
- Graduated Monsignor Farrell High School in 1997
- Offered numerous Division 1 Scholarships (University of Connecticut, Florida Atlantic University, Marist College, Seton Hall & Fairleigh Dickinson University)
- Team Captain of the 1997 Monsignor Farrell High School Championship Team
- 1997 Staten Island Advance All Star
- Scholarship Athlete for Indian River Community College in Fort Pierce Florida (1997 - 1999)
- Team Captain for Indian River Community College's Nationally Ranked Baseball Team (1998 - 1999)
- Florida Junior College All Star (1998 - 1999)
- Graduated from Indian River Community College in 1999
- Scholarship Athlete for the Oklahoma State University Cowboys (1999 - 2001)
- Team Captain of the Oklahoma State University Cowboys in 2001
- Graduated from Oklahoma State University in 2001
- Member of the Falmouth Commodores of the Cape Cod League in 2000
- Drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers 1998 Catcher
- Drafted by the Baltimore Orioles 2000 RHP
- Drafted by the Toronto Bluejays 2001 RHP
- RHP Toronto Bluejays Organization 2001 - 2003
Darren specializes in Pitching, Catching, Hitting (Switch Hitting) and all fundamentals of the game. He would like to instill strong work ethic on and off the field. He would like to share his knowledge and experience to help kids get to the next level.